Saturday, January 26, 2008

Christmas Stocking

I went a bit Christmas decorations crazy last year, having a whole flat of my own to decorate for the first time, I made a lot of little knitted and crochet decorations the biggest project of which was my Christmas stocking.I found this pattern in the free patterns on the Patons site and knitted it in a cheap acrylic wool. I couldn't find a good gold-like colour for the contrast diamonds so they aren't very noticeable here, although they show up much better to the naked eye. The top seemed to be much longer than it should and due to time restrictions I decided to only knit it half the length it should be and stretch it out a little, I still think it looks pretty nice. I couldn't find any little bells for the edging but may be able to find some to add for next year. Am also planning to knit a second stocking in green next year so that I have a pair for either side of the fireplace.

No comments: